Private Boat Bookings and Permits
A dive booking and permit is required from Parks Victoria for recreational dives from private boats on the ex HMAS Canberra. A permit costs $30 per vessel.
Private boat permit bookings can be made online 24x7 via the Parks Victoria web site at www.parkstay.vic.gov.au/pages/exhmas-canberra-dive-permits.
Booking With Commercial Operators
Maybe you will only need to book a Charter Boat Operator to take you out to the ex HMAS Canberra Reef. Or maybe you need a complete package of travel, accommodation, scuba equipment hire, dive guides, and a charter boat operator. We have you covered!
- Charter Operators — The operators who are able to get you onto the ex HMAS Canberra Reef, and/or onto other dive sites in Victoria.
- Complete Packages — Travel, accommodation, scuba gear hire, dives guides, scuba courses or whatever else you may need.
- Dive Shops — These professional operators can help you to make the most of wreck diving on the ex HMAS Canberra Reef. Plus, they can help you to dive Victoria's other great temperate water scuba diving locations.
- Accommodation — The places to stay when diving the ex HMAS Canberra Reef and/or other Victorian dive sites.
- Activities and Tours — Things to do on your non-diving days in Victoria.
When you contact any of these operators, please specify the dive sites you're interested in.
If diving or snorkelling with a charter boat operator, you will find the ex HMAS Canberra dive permit included in the price of the outing.
Dive Shop Group Trips
If you are a dive shop coordinating a group trip, many local dive shops and charter operators will welcome your use of their facility as your overseas location to run your courses here. Some dive shops have the facilities you'll need to run Nitrox, Trimix and other advanced and gas-blending courses, taking full advantage of the type of deep, technical and wreck diving available in Victoria.